We just returned from a very busy morning of sports. C had his first practice football game in 114 degree weather. (Don't think that I'm exaggerating.) While I sat and watched him, I felt sweat drips rolling down my back and face. It wasn't very comfortable and I got a little cranky. (Just a smidge.) Don't worry though, I'm feeling better now. Air-conditioning and ice water are my new BFFs.
D also had her first volleyball camp and enjoyed it except for getting hit in the face twice. She came home with very crooked glasses. I've got some work to do this afternoon on those babies. Let's just hope I don't make them worse. (Fingers and toes crossed.)
Anyway, I promised you all kinds of special surprises and I'm excited to finally divulge...
This fall, I'm teaching not one, but TWO new online courses at My Creative Classroom! I know! Best news ever!
The first class is called All About Halloween and I'll bet you smarties can guess what the topic is....
Yep! Halloween! I knew I had the smartest bloggy readers ever! (giggle...)
Trick or Treat! Do you love spooky ghosts? Goody bags filled with candy corn? Funny spiders and spectacularly scary mini-albums and layouts?
If so, All About Halloween is for you! In this jam-packed course, taught by three amazing teachers: Kim Parkinson, Bethany Kartchner and Jennifer Priest, we'll be creating everything you need this spooky season from cute Halloween cards and goody bags to whimsical home decor to fun layouts and mini-albums to document all the precious memories. If you need inspiration this season, look no further. You are in for an entire bag of treats! No tricks!
I'm team teaching with two VIPs and each of us is taking two weeks. (I've got weeks 3-4.) The entire class is six weeks of seriously rocking instruction. I made a fun video to introduce you to the energy of the class. It contains quite a few sneaky-peeks...
Now that you are all psyched...let me tell you more about what you'll be learning in class. Here's the class syllabus.
- · Week One with Kim Parkinson: Fabulous gift bags and cards using alcohol inks, distress inks and embossed metal. We'll explore ways to highlight certain areas of a design using watercolor effects with UTEE.
- · Week Two with Kim Parkinson: Create a spooky coffin mini book made from cardstock. It even has an easy stitched pamphlet inside! We'll discuss embossing on metal or pliable aluminum. If you do not have access to embossable metals, no worries! Kim will give suggestions on using other household items for embossing.
- · Week Three with Bethany Kartchner: BOO! This week is all about spooky ghosts. You'll meet Zeke, Spooky and a whole gaggle of adorable ghosties. We'll create not just one, but three different home decor projects based on these transparent haunts using Creative Paperclay and supplies found at your local craft store.
- · Week Four with Bethany Kartchner: Silly spiders are all the rage as we further explore sculpting with Creative Paperclay. Four unique projects involving our eight-legged friends are on the docket including a Halloween wreath with a spider named Jimmy, napkin holders and Miss Samantha, the most fashionable spider in the whole arachnid kingdom. Eeek!
- · Week Five with Jennifer Priest: We'll explore innovative ways to create spooky effects on three unique scrapbook pages using googly eyes, paint, ink, and more. We'll also experiment with color and quirky embellishments for a mix of "scary" pages and whimsical, child-focused pages.
- · Week Six with Jennifer Priest: Memory preserving continues as Jennifer shares several versions of mini-albums to lock up all of your spooky memories using leftover decorations to create up-cycled embellishments. To top it all off, we'll create custom "spooky" woven ribbon binding using the Bind It All machine.
If you are a new scrapbooker or crafter, don't worry! We will be covering all the basics along with more advanced techniques in video demonstrations, narrated presentations, downloadable pdf tutorials, forums and a student gallery.
The second class is called Shimmering Mixed-Media Memory Boards and Shimmerz is my rocking sponsor.
Are you tired of creating beautiful scrapbook pages only to place them in binders never to be seen again? Do you have way too many awesome pictures and chunky memorabilia to place in a mini-album? Would you like to create meaningful and unique home decor?
If so, Shimmering Mixed-Media Memory Boards is for you! In this jam-packed course, sponsored by Shimmerz paints, we'll be creating beautiful mixed-media memory art to display in your home. This is scrapbooking taken to a whole new exciting level! Once you try it, you'll be hooked!
Here's a quick video introduction.
· And the class syllabus.
- Week One: Introduction to Mixed-Media Memory Art, Prepwork
- Week Two: Creating and Designing The Board
- · Week Three: Designing a unique mini-album using paper
- · Week Four: Designing a unique mini-album using fabric
- · Week Five: Catch-up Week: There will not be any new technique lessons, but you will still be
- inspired by our creative discussions.
- · Week Six: Art Journaling Basics
- · Week Seven: Creating Interesting Embellishments and Fun Stuff to make your project shine!
- Week Eight: Catch-up week. Tearful parting.
Again, if you are new to mixed-media art, don't worry! We will be covering all the basics along with more advanced techniques in video demonstrations, narrated presentations, downloadable pdf tutorials, forums and a student gallery.
Now, here are the details about registering for my classes.
1. Go to My Creative Classroom and register on the site. It is free and this allows you to check out all the class offerings. Do the whole verification email thing.
2. Once you've registered on the site, go to THIS LINK to register for my classes.
3. Check out the materials lists and start gathering for classes!
Here's some more cool stuff including a GIVEAWAY!!!...
When you register for Shimmering Mixed-Media Memory Boards, you'll receive a discount on your Shimmerz order. (The details will be in the classroom.)
In celebration of the start of my online classes, I'm holding a giveaway for one spot in my Shimmering Mixed-Media Memory Boards course. This is a $45.00 value absolutely free!
All you need to do to be entered into the random drawing is to become a follower of my blog. That's it!
If you want a second chance to win, simply sign-up for my free newsletter! You can find the sign-up link on my left sidebar. Or you can sign up below.
My newsletter is the third bit of exciting news. I'll be sending it out every so often and it will include announcements like new artwork in my store, new class offerings, tips and tutorials, patterns and projects, book reviews and creative inspiration. I've got all kinds of ideas brewing in my brain that I can't wait to share. I've always wanted to be a magazine editor and this is my chance! Lucky me!
I'll draw a winner on
September October 20th. If you win, but have already registered for the class, you'll receive a refund for the entire registration fee. So don't worry about that, okay? I'll take care of it.